Monday, September 16, 2013

Be patient in trouble and always be prayerful

This past week we received good news that two people are testing to be a kidney donor. This is the best news we have heard in a long time. This means if they are a match I can get a kidney transplant sooner than we expected. Great opportunities are coming our way I just know it.First of all, I got asked to co lead a kidney support group at my church. It was something I had to think about because its out of my comfort zone. I think it would be a great ministry for me, besides your greatest hurt is your greatest ministry like I have mentioned before.

Recently I have been goingt through some changes with my prescription for dialysis. I usually go through dialysis in the night time for 10 hours every night 7 days a week. All that has changed  I not only do exchanges every night but every day two times a week. The doctor told me the reason why they changed my prescriptiom is because I wasn't getting the proper dialysis which is why I was always tired. So hopefully this makes a big difference.

One thing I wanted to mention is I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported Tory and I within the past 13 months. It has been a true blessing and we couldn't have made it without your presence and prayers. Even though the fight isn't over we would love for you to keep on praying for us.

Thank You

Mike Garcia
A kidney survivor

1 comment:

  1. Mike - I just got back to reading your blog and I really enjoyed it. You have been on quite a roller coaster ride but your faith in God and Tory at your side has really seemed to have brought you to a good place emotionally and spiritually. Bill and I are praying you find a donor. If the two you mentioned above don't pan out, check out the LKDN.org website for some great ideas on marketing your need. It's very important to get the word out to everyone you know and everyone you meet. Blessings to you both! Helen Mills

    ReplyDelete