Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Great News!!!!

Yesterday went to the kidney transplant center and got evaluated from my surgeon for the first time. As I mentioned in my last post this was my last evaluation in order to take the next step. The evaluation mainly consisted of answering questions and a physical exam. The surgeon explained to me what the procedure would be like and how long the recovery time will be. He also told me he doesn't think there will be a problem with me getting a kidney transplant.So that's good news!!!! So the next step goes to the committee and they will decide whether or not I am a good candidate or not. One step closer!!!!!'

As far as the pain goes...it is still there!! Some days are a lot worse than others. I will take peritoneal dialysis over hemo dialysis any day. The are so many benefits doing peritoneal dialysis over hemo. You can live a some what normal life. At this point in my life I'm just waiting for God to deliver.

I think what I'm really learning through all of this is being grateful for the smallest things. Air to breathe, eyes to see, ears to hear, hands to touch because that can be taken Away from you tomorrow. Never had a clue my kidneys would be taken away from me. But it is a blessing with the technology we have that I have an opportunity get a kidney transplant. So I have to keep reminding myself to look to God for strength and guidance everyday...and don't give up.

N.E.G.U

No comments:

Post a Comment