Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Its never too late to start!!!!

It took alot of motivation and encouragement to start this blog. I started Peritoneal dialysis in August and we are now in the seventh month on dialysis. A lot has happened within these months. First month was a disaster and when I say disaster I mean like a tornado came into my life:) As far as the physical pain I had to go through it was like no other pain I have gone through. Getting use to it was a tough task. Just imagine having a powerful vacuum in your stomach and sucking everything out. That's the best way I can describe it. Besides the physical pain. I was having insurance problems. It turns out that my insurance (Health net) does not cover the dialysis center that I was attending which was UCI medical center.It was very confusing because I see all my other doctors at UCI medical center. So it took weeks to sort all of the confusion and my insurance finally authorized me to attend UCI dialysis center. After that we had to find a Transplant center that was even more confusing because our plans were to attend the UCI transplant center but again their were complications with the insurance company. After weeks of fighting with Health Net we got denied from attending UCI transplant center but I am still a patient at the UCI dialysis center.( CONFUSING???) Yes I know.... It wasn't in til my wife told me about a support group at our church that helps people that are going through kidney dialysis. We attended and met a wonderful couple who also went through what we went through. They suggested a great transplant center by the name of Sharp Hospital in San Diego. We called and made an appointment and it took months to go through the process which was totally understandable. To fast forward.....I have a doctors appointment with one more doctor and after that people that want to start testing to be a kidney donor can start after the approval from the doctor. So far we have 4-5 people that want to start testing which is a great blessing...Just have to pray that someone will be a match..

I know with all the complications and run arounds Tory and I had to go through we honestly believe that God is in control and its based on his timing and not ours.

Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Mike! I saw on FB that you had started a blog. I'm glad that you've stepped forward to do this, as I know it will help others who may not be as far down this road as you and Tory are. It takes guts to be so open and honest, but I'm not surprised that you're doing it. That's just the kind of guy you are. It helps to have company and support for the hard things in life. Take care and keep up the good work. Love ya! Latrice

    ReplyDelete